Parade Awards 2015
Thank you to all the groups who came out and made the 2015 parade a success. There were just a couple of rain drops but not enough to damper the spirits of all those who turned out to watch.
The Judges awarded the trophies to the following groups. Please call Joe at 613-352-7441 to arrange to get your trophy.
BEST ADULT ENTRY The King’s Royal Yorkers
BEST COMMERCIAL ENTRY Schell’s Market
BEST VINTAGE VEHICLE 1946 Massey Harris Farm Tractor
BEST MOTORIZED VEHICLE Racing Lawn Tractor
BEST FAMILY ENTRY Miniature Beer Wagon Grandfather and Grandson
BEST DECORATED BICYCLE Meg and Lizzie Miller
BEST EQUESTRIAN/ANIMAL Hawley Hawk Stable
BEST BAND Kingston Grenediers Drum and Bugle Corps
If you and you family are thinking of taking part in this year’s parade, here are some suggestions
1. Your entry doesn’t have to be elaborate. Gather up the kids on their bikes, put the little one in a stroller, wear your red and white and walk the route from the corner of Country Club Drive to Bath School. There are parade awards and the criteria are outlined in the registration package if you would like to take things to the next level.
2. Make a banner with your family’s name to carry in the parade. Did you know that in the late 70′s and early 80′s the slogan for Bath’s Canada Day celebration was Having a Ball in Bath? Coincidently the Loyalist Residents Association came up with the same theme for their parade entries over a couple of years.
3. Make a sign for each side of the car, get some flags from the Welcome Booth in Centennial Park and join in.
4. Combine your entry with another family - related or not.
5. If you want to do something more elaborate, that’s fine too. A float might highlight the family business, a hobby or talent your family shares, or portray individuals from different generations. This could be a tie-in to life in Bath over the past 200 years.
6. Anyone who might want to dress up as Sir John A would be most welcome.
Let your imagination take flight and have fun!
6. Scroll down to see pictures of last year’s parade winners and see what they did.
2014 Parade Marshalls: The Hogan Family
2014 Parade Award Winners
BEST YOUTH ENTRY
Miniature Beer Wagon With Small Child
BEST ADULT ENTRY
Kings Royal Yorkers
BEST COMMERCIAL ENTRY
The Laundry Lounge
BEST VINTAGE VEHICLE
1934 Blue Ford Touring Car
BEST MOTORIZED VEHICLE
Lafarge Ready Mix Truck
BEST FAMILY ENTRY
Hetherington Hall – Dave Hall Family
BEST DECORATED BICYCLE
Princess of Wales Own Regiment Pipes and Drums
Mr. Bruce Lemmon – Lafarge Ready Mix Truck Parade Driver for 15 Consecutive Years
The Award Winners for the 2013 Canada Day Parade are:
Best Youth Entry: Maple Leaf Lodge No. 119
Best Adult Entry: Bath Gardening Club
Best Commercial Entry: LaFarge Canada Bath Plant
Best Vintage Vehicle: 1945 Massey Harris Tractor
Best Motorized Vehicle: 1923 Steam Powered Rumley Tractor
The first time this steam tractor was in the parade was 54 years ago!
Best Family Entry: The Guindon Family
Best Decorated Bicycles: The Wilson and Grose Families
Best Band: Loyalist Fife and Drums
Best Equestrian/Animal Entry: Adam Brown Performance Horses
Got questions? Contact Joe Hudacin at 613-352-7441 or email firstname.lastname@example.org